(link opens in new window)
- Job Opening ID
- Working Title
- ACUTE CARE PEDIATRICS - CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / CLINICAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
- Job Title
- CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR
- Work Location
- Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
- Full/Part Time
- FLSA Status
- Organizational Group
- School Nursing
- School of Nursing
- Posting Begin/End Date
- 4/04/2013 – 6/30/2013
- Career Interest
- Nursing- Pediatrics
ACUTE CARE PEDIATRICS - CLINICAL INSTRUCTOR / CLINICAL ASSISTANT PROFESSOR / CLINICAL ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
How to Apply
The confidential review of applications will occur as they are received and will continue until the positions are filled.
A cover letter and curriculum vitae must be uploaded online via the www.umjobs.org (`Career at the U' website) for Job ID # 78802.
A teaching/clinical practice statement, copies of summary teaching evaluations with an explanation of the teaching evaluation system at your current institution (if applicable), copy of current nursing licensure(s), and three (3) to five (5) publications should be submitted via U.S. postal mail to: Carol Taylor, University of Michigan, School of Nursing, 400 N. Ingalls, Suite 2160, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5482.
For further information regarding this position please contact Carol Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734.763.0011.
The University of Michigan, School of Nursing Division of Acute, Critical and Long-Term Care Programs
(DIV 1) seeks an outstanding faculty member in the area of Acute Care Pediatrics, who is actively engaged in clinical practice.
The position is expected to be filled for the 2013-2014 academic year. We are soliciting applications from experienced clinical scholars who want to blend teaching, practice and scholarship. Applicants will be considered for all ranks listed above, depending on experience and scholarly productivity. Applicants must have demonstrated expertise in the advance practice role. Diversity is highly valued and applications from members of groups underrepresented in nursing are encouraged.
* Master's is degree is required, doctorate preferred in nursing or highly related field
* Acute Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner certified.
* A current Michigan nursing license
* Demonstrated high level competence in advanced clinical practice
* Demonstrated excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills
* Desire work that engages in the educational mission, with progressive successful mastery of teaching skills, and developing scholarly activities
* Collaborates with faculty regarding visionary educational programs.
* A record of scholarly attainment in the area of advanced practice nursing including publications, evidence-based practice guidelines and other forms of scholarship.
* A reputation among colleagues for outstanding achievements and recognized contributions in their field of expertise.
* An admirable record of academic, professional and community service.
The University of Michigan is a world-class research institution. The School of Nursing offers a range of accredited educational programs and is consistently ranked among the top schools of nursing in the country.
Unit/Department: School of Nursing (SN), Division of Acute, Critical and Long-Term Care Programs
Position Titles Available: Clinical Instructor (Market Title # 202640), Clinical Assistant Professor (Market Title # 202140), Clinical Associate Professor (Market Title # 201640) (dependent on qualifications)
Reports to: Division Chair, School of Nursing
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.