Using This Site
Welcome to the CAREERS AT THE U Job Applicant Tutorial
The Application must be filled out even if you attach a resume. Please do not say "check resume" for any of the fields. The application details are searched by the system when a hiring manager is looking for specific qualifications.
Note: You only have to supply this information once. Each time you apply for another job opening, the application opens containing the information supplied the previous time, giving you a chance to update and/or modify the information given.
Application details include:
- Preferences — these fields identify the characteristics of the job you are looking for, i.e., regular or temporary, full or part time, etc.
- Work Experience — click the Add Work Experience plus sign to open a secondary window and complete all fields. To add addition segments, click Save & Add More. When you are done, click Save & Return.
- Indicate your Highest Education Level. Click the down arrow and double-click the right level shown on the list.
- Click the plus sign by Add Post-Secondary Education History, to add information about the schools, colleges, institutes, or universities you have attended since high-school. A secondary page opens — please fill out all of the fields and click Save & Add More, Save & Return, or Cancel. You may also click Return to Previous Page.
- Add Licenses or Certifications if applicable. Click the plus sign next to Licenses and Certifications. A secondary page opens — please fill out all of the fields and click Save & Add More, Save & Return, or Cancel. You may also click Return to Previous Page.
- Fill out the Referral Source information. Hiring managers use this information to inform future advertising decisions.
You may click Save for Later, at any point in the application process. The system keeps the information you have already supplied and allows you to continue where you left off.
Click Submit when your application is complete and you are satisfied with the information.
Click Cancel if you change your mind and don’t want to apply. Cancel deletes all information.